With VMworld 2014 in the United States fast approaching, I have been working on building out my schedule based on my personal objectives and checking the popular blogger sites for their recommendations. In that spirit, I thought I would share the sessions I am most excited about this year in San Francisco.
Last year was my first year at VMworld and I focused on the Hands-on-Labs (HoLs) and generic sessions to better understand the VMware ecosystem. This year I am focused on three primary topics:
- VMware NSX
- Openstack|Docker|Containers with VMware
- VMware VSAN
Here are the sessions I am focused on:
- SEC1746 NSX Distributed Firewall Deep Dive
- NET1966 Operational Best Practices for VMware NSX
- NET1949 VMware NSX for Docker, Containers & Mesos
- SDDC3350 VMware and Docker — Better Together
- SDDC2370 Why Openstack runs best with the vCloud suite
- STO1279 Virtual SAN Architecture Deep Dive
- STO1424 Massively Scaling Virtual SAN implementations
In addition to that, I am also excited for my own sessions at VMworld this year around Hadoop , VMware BDE and building a Hadoop-as-a-Service!
- VAPP1428 Hadoop-as-a-Service: Utilizing VMware Cloud Automation Center and Big Data Extensions at Adobe (Monday & Wednesday sessions)
Excited for the week to get kicked off and see all the exciting things coming to our virtualized world.