Design a Kubernetes Cluster
- Cloud Offerings
- IaaS – Virtual Machines for installing Kubernetes
- PaaS – Managed Service from a public cloud provider
- Bare Metal
- Virtual Machines
- Cluster Networking – Are we going to use an overlay or rely on networking team for all L2/L3 connectivity between the cluster components?
- Scalability – How large does our Kubernetes need to be? How many nodes will it have and how will it be scaled up when necessary?
- High Availability – How many Master nodes will exist? How is the cluster store (etcd) replicated across the Master nodes in a production Kubernetes cluster?
- Disaster Recovery – What needs to be backed up, how will nodes failover to a secondary site, etc.?
Install Kubernetes Masters and Nodes
Configure Secure Cluster Communications
Configure a HA Kubernetes Cluster
Where to get Kubernetes Release Binaries
Provision Underlying Infrastructure
Choose a Network Solution
Choose your Kubernetes Infrastructure Configuration
Run End-to-End Cluster Tests
Install & use kubeadm to Install, Configure and Manage Kubernetes Clusters