The views and opinions expressed on this site are strictly my own and do not reflect the opinions or views of my employer.
The site is focused on OpenStack, Hadoop, Docker, Apache Mesos and VMware Big Data Extensions. Most of the articles discuss various aspect of these technologies and how to operationalize these technologies in an Enterprise environment. I am extremely passionate about Hadoop-as-a-Service and building out customized Hadoop clusters based on the workload needs within a VMware-based private cloud infrastructure. I have worked extensively with VMware Big Data Extensions since I was first exposed to it in a private session at the 2013 VMworld US conference. I have dedicated countless hours to implementing and enhancing the capabilities Big Data Extensions to include many of the new cloud native technologies and Hadoop-focused applications.
I am a VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX-257).
I am currently a Virtual Infrastructure Architect on the VMware internal private cloud team. The VMware private cloud is consumed by the VMware Education, Hands-on-Labs and various other engineering teams within VMware. The team is highly motivated to run the VMware products at an extremely large-scale to help address issues external customers could possibly see in their own environments.
Until May 2015 I was employed at Adobe in the Digital Marketing business unit, where I was a Cloud & Virtualization Engineer. At Adobe, the team specialized in designing Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service offerings. Before Adobe, I managed a team of system administrators that grew a virtualized web-hosting business from a few hundred servers to over 10,000 servers.
My career has been focused entirely on enterprise operations and working in large scale environments. I have managed environments that have started out as a few hundred physical servers to thousands of physical servers and tens of thousands of virtual machines.
The challenges around running a large-scale enterprise private cloud has been very rewarding and I continue to enjoy learning each day how to implement robust architectures.
- Hadoop Summit (San Jose, CA) – VMware Big Data Extensions & Virtualizing Hadoop
- VMworld US (San Francisco, CA) – Virtualizing Hadoop & Building Hadoop-as-a-Service
- VMworld EMEA (Barcelona, Spain) – Virtualizing Hadoop & Building Hadoop-as-a-Service
- Adobe Tech Summit (San Francisco, CA) – HDFS as a Data Warehouse
- ISC Cloud & Big Data Conference (Frankfurt, Germany) – Virtualizing Hadoop
- VMUG Webcast (Online) – How Did VMware IT Upgrade to vSphere 6.0?
- Salt Lake City VMUG UserCon (Salt Lake City, UT) – vSphere Security
- VMUG Virtual Event 2017 (Online) – VMworld Hybrid Cloud Hands-on-Labs Architecture
CERTIFICATIONS & AWARDS
- VMware vExpert 2015
- VMware vExpert 2016
- VMware vExpert 2017
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Administration
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Design
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Cloud Management & Automation Deployment
- VMware Certification Subject Matter Expert – Cloud Management & Automation
- VMware Certified Design Expert – Data Center Virtualization